We held our last Heartstart Course of 2014 yesterday evening to another full house!
In 2014 the Knutsford Heartstart Team has held a total of 12 Heartstart Courses (together with 2 “First -Aid” Courses for the Explorer Scouts and 2 courses for the Cubs)!
A total of 283 people have been trained in the year and received our British Heart Foundation Heartstart Certificates; 80% as these being “first-timers”!
In 2013, only 97 people were trained of which only 43% were “first-timers”.
A nearly threefold increase in people trained – a tribute to the hard-work and dedication of our team of Heartstart volunteers.
Other notable events for Knutsford Heartstart in 2014 included:
- Two new , qualified Instructors added to the Team (Steph Griffith & Becca Nelson)
- Six new Training Facilitator volunteers join our Team (Bridget Knight, Emily Dubois, Dan Young, Tom Donald, Steve Nixon & Julie Corcoran)
- Our new, dedicated web-site launched which includes an On-Line Course Booking Facility
- “Limited Edition” Heartstart Badge scheme launched
- Awarded the honour of being Sainsbury Knutsford’s “Charity of the Year”
- New Publicity Material created and distributed
- Links with Wythenshawe Hospital Cardiac Re-Hab Unit forged
- Regular reviews appearing in the Knutsford Guardian (including a full page spread on Cara Cunningham’s experience on being trained by us!)
So, we move into 2015!
We will be aiming to provide even more Heartstart Courses in the year (a minimum of one/month), seek more recruits, train more people to learn that “SIMPLE SKILLS SAVE LIVES”
In the meantime – A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR FROM ALL AT KNUTSFORD HEARTSTART